Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the questions for answers.
Students should bring a minimum of $50.00 as many things in the parks are expensive. A counter service meal (similar to McDonald's) can run $15-$20 per meal / per person. Here is the menu from Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland.
You need to be at the Gym for Security Processing at 10:30am.
1. Once you enter the gym, find your bus name on the wall and check in with your chaperone.
2. Find a seat in that area and relax until boarding.
3. Ms. Velazquez will notify each chaperone when they are to take their students to the designated bus.
4. Chaperone will call roll again to verify that everyone who is on the bus, is there.
* Students arrive at the gym and stand in lines (1 for male, 1 for female) between 10:30am and 11:45am
* Students will open all bags and pockets for Security to go through. Security will pull out all bottles of liquids and food.
* Students will enter gym and find their bus sign on wall. They will check in with chaperone and wait until all students are pass security.
* Mr. Brown will announce when to board bus.
* Students will get onto their bus and head out to Disneyland Resort. Chaperone will play a movie to watch while on the trip. Chaperone will hand out Entrance tickets on bus. DO NOT LOSE YOUR TICKET You will need it to get into the other parks.
Bus will pull into special Grad Nite entrance where Disney personnel will escort students to another security line.
Again, students will need to open all pockets in their backpacks, bags, etc.
* Students will move towards Temporary Grad Nite Disney Ticket entrance where personnel will scan ticket and put wrist band on.
* Enter the park and have fun at California Adventure.
* If you leave the park, you MUST return to California Adventure starting at 10:30pm through Grad Nite special entrance (Disney Personnel will be on hand to guide)
* Admittance into and out of California Adventure will be closed at 11:00pm
* Only people with wristbands are allowed in California Adventure from 11:00pm - 2:00am.
1. Grad Nite ends at 2:00 am and all students must then proceed to the trams on the West side of the park, next to Downtown Disney
(map with directions)
2. Ride the tram to the drop-off location.
3. When trams arrive at the drop-off location, walk to your bus (there will be people directing you) and check in with chaperone.
4. Once everyone has arrived on the bus, it will leave. The Full/Checked In bus does NOT have to wait for all other PSHS buses to be full in order to leave.
In the past, they usually arrive around 4:30 am.
The buses are the Tour Bus format, with comfortable seats and storage underneath. They also have multiple monitors throughout the bus so that the chaperone can play a movie. Most buses can seat between 50-53 students. (plus 2 chaperones.
Pillows and blankets can be brought and left on the bus, but the driver is not responsible for any of those items.
NO Liquid Items, or Food are allowed. (There will be water provided inside the gym).
Yes, unless you complete a Change of Bus Form (found on Bus Signup page) before May 16th, you must stay on the bus you originally chose.
This is due to the rosters and seat allocations having been already completed.
Annual Passports are not valid for admission to Grad Nite 2019 for both students or chaperones. However, Annual Passholders may use applicable merchandise and food & beverage discounts during Grad Nite and regular park hours.
No, DHSHS requires that you ride the bus to and from Grad Nite.
You will need to complete a Change of Bus Form (found on Bus Signup page).
Turn off WiFi once you are on the bus. This drains the battery as it's always looking for WiFi signal.
At this time, the Starbucks in both Disneyland and California Adventure do NOT offer free WiFi. The Starbucks in Downtown Disney, does offer it.
Get a portable battery charger. Similar to these Anker Quick Charge and Anker Compact Charger (Both links are for Amazon, but can be found at Wal-Mart, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.)
Here is a list of outlets in the Disneyland Resort area. Accuracy is not 100% as the outlets on this list has not been verified.
Some additional information about charging in the parks.